The NFL has returned. Week 1 of the latest season kicked off with the New England Patriots hosting the Kansas City Chiefs on Thursday Night Football for an appetizer before a full plate of games on Sunday. Let’s talk some NFL and about my favorite team, the Denver Broncos.
Before we get into Episode 82, as a reminder, The Bridge is broadcast as a one-hour radio show every Wednesday night at 7 ET and again at 8 ET on Sports Radio America. Once the dust settles from that live broadcast, the show is released as a podcast on iTunes and on this website on Friday. You can listen to the show every Wednesday on Sports Radio America here or through the TuneIn app, and find some bonus content when the show comes out in podcast form.
- “Sports News Read Like Real News” told the tale of Boston’s latest -gate scandal, this one involving the Red Sox getting caught red-handed stealing signs from the Yankees (2:15).
- The Bridge Question of the Week is: What NFL storyline are you most excited for and why? Leave a voicemail or text in your answer to 929-BRIDGE7, that’s 929-274-3437, and you’ll make it on the next show.
- This week’s guest was Ian St. Clair, a Denver Broncos columnist for Mile High Report and co-host of the Mile High Report Radio podcast. Ian got his start in the newspaper business and now finds time to report on the pulse of the Broncos and other happenings in the National Football League. We’ll chat about how he got into sports writing before diving into the latest news involving the Denver Broncos, including quarterback dilemmas, the possibility of an even better defense and where they’ll fare in the AFC West before wrapping up with a look around the rest of the league and who can dethrone the Patriots in the AFC, hot storylines in the NFC and more.
- You can follow Ian on Twitter @IanSt.Clair.
– In the interview, we discuss:
How he started in sports media and getting to where he is now (11:57), his favorite Broncos moment as a fan and as a writer (13:52), finding stories and angles that stand out (16:31), putting the Broncos in his wedding vows (18:36), initial thoughts to bringing Brock Osweiler back (19:56), how the offense will fare this season (24:30), the release of T.J. Ward and what it means for the Denver defense (27:24), how the AFC West will play out (33:22), what team has the best chance to dethrone the Patriots (35:42), the most exciting storyline in the NFC (36:53), a prediction of how the Denver Broncos will fare this season (40:04) and if he’s an Eeyore or a Tigger (41:51).
- “Five Minutes in the Film Room” with Joe Baress, former star of the prestigious John and Joe Sports Show, breaks down “Logan Lucky,” which Rotten Tomatoes describes as two brothers trying to reverse a family curse who set out to execute an elaborate robbery during the legendary Coca-Cola 600 race at the Charlotte Motor Speedway (43:04). You can follow Joe on Twitter @dukemich and read his movie reviews, previews and ratings at cupof-joe.com.
- “Good Try, Good Effort” recognized the arrest of WFAN morning host Craig Carton for his alleged role in a Ponzi scheme to pay off severe gambling debts (49:10).
Call in or text the show 24/7 at 929-BRIDGE7, that’s (929) 274-3437. Contact the show with your questions, comments, stories or hot takes and you might be featured in the next installment of The Bridge.
Subscribe to The Bridge Sports Podcast on iTunes (please leave a positive rating and review if you enjoy the show) so you’ll immediately be notified when new episodes are posted each Friday morning. You can also find The Bridge Sports Podcast on Google Play, Soundcloud, Stitcher and TuneIn.
Visit www.lundinbridge.com/email to subscribe to The Bridge Sports Podcast newsletter, which will provide weekly updates and behind-the-scenes information about the next show and who the featured guest(s) might be.
Show music: ‘Actionable’ and ‘Epic,’ courtesy of www.bensound.com.